By The Canadian PressIt was a tough call.
It was clear to me that the cost of my ambulance in Alberta was going to be around $1,400.
I asked my wife, Karen, who was in a wheelchair, if we could take her out for a ride.
Karen asked, “How much?”
I said, “I don’t know.”
Kathryn answered, “It’s not that big.”
I was a little surprised.
The two of us were in our 20s.
We were on our way to the hospital to pick up Karen’s daughter, who had just arrived from the hospital and was being transferred there.
Karen had been with me for the entire ride.
I wasn’t really expecting to ask her if she wanted to take the car.
Karen asked if I could take the SUV.
I said that I’d drive.
At that point, I started to get worried.
If Karen and I took the SUV, what would happen if the ambulance stopped at the hospital?
I had a feeling the ambulance was not going to stop.
After Karen’s story came out, I decided to go back to the ambulance company.
They said that they had a list of prices, which I thought were pretty reasonable.
When I called to check the prices, the dispatcher told me that I would have to pay $1.75 for a second ambulance.
I called back a few times, and each time they said the same thing.
“We don’t have the time to process a second one right now,” I was told.
“I’ll call back tomorrow morning.”
When Karen’s name was called, the next day, the dispatch person was very helpful.
He said he’d take care of the second ambulance for me, and I’d pay $500.
Later, I told Karen that I couldn’t take her to the airport.
I told her that I was afraid that I might get stuck in the back of the ambulance.
Karen was concerned, and said that if I was ever stuck in that ambulance, I’d better call the company again.
In the end, the paramedics at the emergency room did the best they could.
With the help of a local ambulance company, Karen and me were able to go to the nearest airport, and we arrived in the morning.
There was a long wait.
A paramedic asked Karen if she was OK.
Karen said that she had a small cut on her cheek, and that she was taking antibiotics.
She was taken to the ER and then was transferred to a private hospital.
By the time Karen arrived, the ambulance had already taken Karen to the surgery for her ear.
Her surgery lasted four hours.
During that time, Karen was in the ICU for two days.
She needed a CT scan and X-ray, but because she was in an ICU, they had to take care that she could not use the ICUs outside of the hospital.
She had to go into an isolation ward, and after a week, Karen had a second CT scan.
It was not good.
On Tuesday, I called the ambulance dispatch company to check their prices.
This time, they told me to pay the extra $1 to get Karen to her destination, which is about two hours away.
Karen agreed, and she called the dispatch company.
Karen and her daughter, a 14-year-old girl, were not on the same plane.
As Karen called the number on the phone, she could hear the dispatcher saying, “No, it’s the other way.”
“Karen, we can’t go to that hospital,” the dispatcher said.
He said that he could take Karen to a nearby hospital for the $500 fee.
So, Karen called another dispatcher.
Again, the second dispatcher said that Karen was not allowed to take her there.
He also said that the hospital was not able to take Karen because of the emergency.
It’s a situation that has been on Karen’s mind since she was transferred there, and the dispatcher was able to get some information.
Then, he told me what I could do.
Karen could get an appointment with a doctor to come over to her room.
Karen told me she’d call me the next morning to make sure that she didn’t need to stay overnight.
But then, a call came in from a nearby home.
Karen called back, and a woman answered the phone.
My wife, her daughter and I were in the hospital room.
The phone was disconnected.
That was the last time I heard from Karen.
Since then, Karen has been in the ER for over a week.
She’s still waiting for her CT scan to come back, but she’s starting to feel better.
Every day, Karen goes to the emergency department to check on her daughter.
She asks the doctor to look at her right ear.
Karen says that the doctor has asked her if her